Mobile Vendors are required to have a current Lake Saint Louis business license.
Daily license - The business license fee is $10/day operating as a “Transient Merchant”.
Annual license - The other option you have is to pay annually for a “Merchant” business license, the annual fee is based on the number of employees. Annual business licenses run from July 1st - June 30th (our fiscal year).
To obtain a business license Mobile Vendors need to:
- Complete the online business license application or renewal process.
- Provide location/address & dates/times of operation.
- Provide property owner permission (in writing) listing the address, dates & times of operation.
- Provide a copy of their current St. Charles County Health License (if selling food/beverage)
- Provide a copy of their State of Missouri Retail Sales License. (if not already on file)
- Provide a current No Tax Due Certificate from the State of Missouri https://dor.mo.gov/business/sales/notaxdue/
- No mobile food vendor may operate in a residentially zoned area (note that this would not affect ice cream trucks, milk deliveries, and similar uses that are licensed as a separate type of business under our current code).
- Mobile food vendors may not operate on public streets.
- Mobile food vendors must provide permission in writing from any property owner on whose property they plan to operate.
- Mobile food vendors may not operate more than 5 days in a 7 day period, unless otherwise authorized by the Board of Alderman or as part of a special event permit.
- Mobile food vendors must comply with all applicable St. Charles County health codes, and must provide a copy of a County health permit.
- All locations at which mobile food vendors are selling food must be equipped with an appropriate trash receptacle.
- Mobile food vendors may not operate in designated fire lanes or other designated “no parking” zones.
- Staff reserves the right to require Board approval for any mobile food vendor. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>